Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA................... May 2003
Dissertation: Hot water extraction with in situ wet oxidation: Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons removal from soil (Advisor: Prof. Aydin Akgerman)
M.S., Chemical Engineering, Kuwait University, Kuwait.................................................. .March 1992
Thesis: Sewage sludge stabilization and control system design under variant anaerobic conditions. (Advisors: Prof. Imad Al-Atiqi, Prof. Ali M. Akbar)
B.S., Chemical Engineering, Kuwait University, Kuwait................................................... August 1986
- Using principals of biotechnology, biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, and separation processes to solve energy, material, and environmental issues that modern societies are dealing with.
WORK HISTORY & PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Isfahan University of Technology (IUT), Chemical Engineering Dept. August 2004-Present
- Served as Supervisor and Co-Supervisor to Research Projects of at Ph.D, Master, and undergraduate levels
- Head of Departmental Safety Committee (Sep. 2013-Present)
- Member of IUT Laboratories and Campus Safety Committee (Dec. 2012)
- Listed in Iranian National Database of Nanotechnology Researchers
- Deputy of Student Affairs at Department of Chemical Engineering (Sep. 2010-Dec 2013)
- Industrial Relations Advisor (Feb. 2007 - Sep. 2009, Sep. 2010-Mar. 2012)
- Head of Departmental Safety Committee (Jan. 2008-Sep. 2009)
- Head of Departmental Computer Committee (2005-2006, Jan. 2008-Sep. 2009)
- Taught Various Graduate and Undergraduate Courses
- Contributions to Several Funded Research Grants by Different Industries:
- Member of Technical Committee of 1st international Conference on Industry Safety, Occupational health & Environment in Organizations, Isfahan, Iran, 2008
- Member of Novell Technologies Research Group Approved by Ministry of Science.
- Preparation of Class Notes for Advanced Environmental Remediation Processes Course
Environmental System Design and Management, Inc. , TX, USA May 2003-May 2004
- Consultation services regarding environmental regulations compliances.
- Chemical hazard evaluation, environmental site inspections and site remediation.
- Involved in preparing SPCC plans, emission calculations, storm-water and air permits for many clients in oil, gas, and chemical industries.
Department of Chemical Engineering, Texas A&M University 1997-2003
Research, Teaching Assistant, and Teaching
- Developed a process for extraction of PAHs from soil using hot water combined with in-situ oxidation as a new environmental remediation method.
- Experience on operation and troubleshooting of gas chromatograph with FID detector.
- Authored and presented a research proposal (NSF format) for producing enhanced polymers.
- Taught course CHEN-320 (Numerical Analysis for ChE) at Texas A&M in Fall 2002.
- Molecular simulation including writing a simulator for binary fluid mixtures, Cerius2.
- Worked as Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant for many courses.
Department of Petroleum Engineering, Kuwait University 1991-1997
Assistant Lecturer and Lab Engineer (Full Time)
- Gave consultation on computer related issues and Network Administrator.
- Actively participated in rebuilding the Petroleum Engineering Department at Kuwait University after liberation of Kuwait.
- Prepared course materials and participated in teaching of several short courses related to piping and surface equipment at Kuwait Oil Company.
Computing Center, Isfahan University of Technology 1990-1991
- Managed and maintained PC labs at Computing Center. Supervised several employees and student workers, Negotiated hardware and software purchases
- Taught several Continuous Education classes.
Department of Chemical Engineering, Kuwait University 1986-1990
Research and Teaching Assistant
- Successfully researched sewage sludge stabilization and control system design under variant anaerobic conditions.
- Teaching assistant for most of the chemical engineering courses